Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Favorite Artists: Alex Pardee

If you don't know who Alex Pardee is, you should. He's probably most famous for doing The Used's album Art for their album "In Love and Death". You know, the tree with the hanging heart?

Recently I'm loving his set called "Icans". It's a bunch of recognizable cartoons or comic book heroes and they are AWESOME. These are some of my favorites!

Bat Merle

Daffy Dirk

Fred Flinstern

Gerfield

Supermarn

The Flarsh

The Hurlk

He's probably my favorite artist, hands down. We have one of his paintings hanging in our living room. His wrinkle work is so spectacular. The guy's super talented! And they're always just so disgusting and weird, which is always a good combo. His other series "Letters From Digested Children" is another one of my favorites of his. Check it out, here.

I'm thinking of making this a permanent series on my blog. I don't know if you guys would be into it though. What do you think? Also, I didn't post Tattuesday yesterday because I don't get a lot of response from it. Are you done with it or should I keep it going? Leave comments and let me know!

3 comments:

  1. I just stumbled onto your blog darling! I LOVE it! I can't get over how cute Bat Merle is! HAHAH! TOO cute for words!
    xoxo Darby
    Obviously Obsessed 

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! But creepy.

    And you mean making an artist feature regular? All for it! I have trouble because I have so many outside interests and it's hard to figure out what I can put on my blog without going too far and getting too scattered but if you just have one big one, the occasional post is just more of an insight into you! Go for it!

    http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com/
    http://8questionsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice! I really appreciate it :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...